- When is the event?
Startupbootcamp Virtual Demo Day is Thursday April 23rd 2020 at 14:00 AEST
- What is the location of the event?
Watch the livestream here: https://ea20dd.sbcaus.com/live
Q&A to follow via Zoom - the meeting rooms for each startup can be found below the video player on the website.
- What can I expect on Demo Day?
We will be showcasing the 9 startups that we have accelerated over the last 3 months, along with some great speakers including:
- Cath Tanna - Managing Director, EnergyAustralia
- Ralph Griffiths, Executive Director at Energy Strategy DELWP
- Brian Morris - Division Director at Macquarie Capital
After the show you'll have time to interact and network with the teams in a live online Q&A forum.
You’ll have the ability to connect with as many of them as you like, as you move through the different virtual rooms to ask them questions and dive deeper into their businesses.
You’ll also have the ability to leave a virtual business card and follow up with them post event, with our “connect with startup” functionality on our website.
You’ll also have a chance to become an angel investor for the day in our interactive investment game! Use “virtual” online $ to invest in your favourite startups.
- How do I participate?
You only need one link for the day: https://ea20dd.sbcaus.com
Login: You’ll receive a unique registration link via email on the day. Use this to one-click login or manually register on the website with your name and email via the registration button on arrival.
Note: to receive your unique link, you’ll need to be registered. Register via the home page.
Keynote & Pitches: We’ll be using YouTube Live embedded in the website. If the video buffers or you’re having problems, watch it directly on YouTube and not on the website by clicking the YouTube icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video screen
Q&A Virtual Rooms: This will be run on Zoom. You’ll need the Zoom app installed on your computer or tablet to join. If you don’t have Zoom you can download it here and there’s instructions on how to setup here.
- What is the format of the day?
- 13:50 AEST - Doors Open
- 14:00 AEST - Demo Day kicks off
- - Welcome by Startupbootcamp CEO Trevor Townsend
- - Ralph Griffiths, Executive Director at Energy Strategy DELWP
- - Catherine Tanna, Managing Director - EnergyAustralia
- - 4 x SBC Smart Energy 2020 cohort pitches
- - Brian Morris, Division Director Macquarie Capital
- - 5 x SBC Smart Energy 2020 cohort pitches
- 15:15 AEST - Demo Day Finale, time to make your way to the virtual rooms for the startup Q&A’s - via Zoom.
- 16:00 AEST - Demo Day concludes.
- How do I participate in the investment game?
Use “virtual” online $ to invest in your favourite startups. You can choose to give your full $50,000 to one startup, or split it across multiple. Whoever impresses you the most!
- Will I need to download any software?
You can view the livestream of Demo Day, on your internet browser. Chrome, Firefox or Safari is recommended.
To interact with the Startups after the presentation, this will be hosted in Zoom. We recommend downloading the application on your computer or phone, to participate in the Q&A sessions.
Set up instructions for zoom is here.
- I can’t make it for the livestream, can I watch it back another time?
Yes, all of the livestream will be recorded and available to watch back, on this microsite.
- I can’t make it to the Q&A sessions, can I watch them back another time?
Yes, all of the Q&A sessions will also be recorded and available to watch back, on this microsite.
- I’m having trouble watching the livestream, what should I do?
You can try viewing the livestream directly on YouTube link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mx67nwrtKs
- I’m having trouble logging in/registering, what should I do?
- How can I connect, and share my experience?
- Share you're attending on Twitter: https://ctt.ac/aUPAR
- On instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sbcaus
- On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/startupbootcamp-australia
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sbcAUS/